Important Notes Regarding John & Pete’s Shipments
• You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages from John & Pete’s. All shipments that contain alcoholic beverages are sent with an "Adult Signature Required" sticker, the carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that you will have to be present at the time of delivery. You must present valid identification proving age, and the delivery provider is at liberty to refuse delivery for any reason.
• We will email you a confirmation when we’ve received your order. We will update you when your order is being processed.
• West Coast orders will be shipped via, but not limited to Golden State Overnight.
• During the winter and summer months, weather conditions (temperature) and longer delivery times can often result in the spoilage of your order. We may decide to defer shipping until the weather permits so as to make sure your wine does not spoil during delivery.
• During periods of extreme weather, we attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend. We have no control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers' warehouses. The result may be that your shipment doesn't go out the day that you place an order. Please understand that during business hours, your orders are immediately packaged and scheduled for delivery, but may be delayed until ideal conditions for shipment arise.
• We ship by ground or air. Our prices include packaging materials. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
• A small percentage of our products are sold on a "pre-arrival" or "futures" basis. These products are explicitly indicated as "pre-arrivals" or "futures" on our Web site and newsletter, along with the expected arrival dates. John & Pete’s will notify you when your "pre-arrivals" or "futures" have arrived and are ready to be shipped. You will be given the opportunity to coordinate the proper shipping address and method (we won't automatically ship out pre-arrival wines when they arrive).
• John & Pete’s will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that John & Pete’s in its sole judgment believes that such shipment will not subject John & Pete’s to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by John & Pete’s violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state.
John & Pete’s offers local delivery within a 5 mile radius. There is a $25 minimum and a $2 delivery charge if your order is under $50. Please call to schedule delivery. Further than 5 mile delivery is available; however, delivery rates may vary. Please call to schedule (310) 657-3080.
John & Pete’s offers local gift delivery to a recipient within a 5 mile radius. A phone number of the recipient is required and a $25 delivery charge will apply.